Forum for Readers | Lynn Kurland » Main Discussion » AFY Spoilers

AFY Spoilers

Page: « < 1 2 3

Author Post
JudyZ6666 wrote
I am an English major. I claim that my reading ahead is a refined method of determining if the author uses foreshadowing. ;-)

Judy

LOL!

I jump ahead sometimes, too. Otherwise I'm so impatient to get to their HEA that I start reading 1,000mph (figuratively speaking) and I miss too much. But if jump ahead and then come back, I can slow down and enjoy it more.
Aterry.... Kindle is on my birthday and christmas list!! I tried the Kindle-app on my android phone since April...and to be honest again : Kindle and I become more and more friends. ;)

So easy to buy new ones... I don't have to look for my "postman"... and my husband doesn't get angry if i bought a new book. He would not know it anymore... ;) *LOL*

After I explained it to my husband, he wanted to throw my books away.

"You don't need them any more with that kindle." As if I had thrown him away after our first son was born ;)

Maybe I'll get it as birthday gift or 3 days later at christmas.... ;)

I for myself wish for the kindle-touch. simple and long lasting "battery"
Eleana wrote
Aterry.... Kindle is on my birthday and christmas list!! I tried the Kindle-app on my android phone since April...and to be honest again : Kindle and I become more and more friends. ;)

So easy to buy new ones... I don't have to look for my "postman"... and my husband doesn't get angry if i bought a new book. He would not know it anymore... ;) *LOL*

After I explained it to my husband, he wanted to throw my books away.

"You don't need them any more with that kindle." As if I had thrown him away after our first son was born ;)

Maybe I'll get it as birthday gift or 3 days later at christmas.... ;)

I for myself wish for the kindle-touch. simple and long lasting "battery"

Glad to hear it! :) Once you make the switch. the only hardcopy books you will read will be hardcovers. Paperbacks are too annoying! I would recommend, the Paperwhite. I have the Nook glow and I LOVE the glowlight feature. I just wish I had held off for the Kindle version. I miss Amazon and kindle... Though I still have mine. Now I juggle two and share the kindle with my son!
My kids gave me a Kindle for my birthday a couple of years ago. At first I was a bit hesitant about using it. I have this fear of books disappearing. Now I'm addicted to my Kindle. No more "OMG I'm finished this book and have nothing to read" moments.
Glad to hear it! :) Once you make the switch. the only hardcopy books you will read will be hardcovers. Paperbacks are too annoying! I would recommend, the Paperwhite. I have the Nook glow and I LOVE the glowlight feature. I just wish I had held off for the Kindle version. I miss Amazon and kindle... Though I still have mine. Now I juggle two and share the kindle with my son!

The Paperwhite wasn't mentioned until today. I only found it after you told it. It will be sold in Germany in November... Enough time till christmas....

Amazon.de says... 8 weeks "battery" if you read 30 min a day, light on 10..... WI Fi out....

30 min a day?? That's not much....

Thanks for your recommendation... I have to think about.. maybe the touch get's cheaper?? ;)
Eleana wrote
aterry13 wrote

The Paperwhite wasn't mentioned until today. I only found it after you told it. It will be sold in Germany in November... Enough time till christmas....

Amazon.de says... 8 weeks "battery" if you read 30 min a day, light on 10..... WI Fi out....

30 min a day?? That's not much....

Thanks for your recommendation... I have to think about.. maybe the touch get's cheaper?? ;)

Touch is probably cheaper, but I will say, the battery is supposed to be the stronger than the touch - it can last the same time, but WITH the light on. My glowlight, the light decreases the bat life significantly. As a big reader, you would probably have to recharge once a week - mine is every four or five days.
Once a week would be okay. I think the incl. light is the pro why I will buy the paperwhite... I thought about the touch 3000 books and paperwhite 1100 books.... but 1100 books is more than enough.....
I've been a fan of eBooks for a few years now, because of the portability and the fact that I don't have to store physical books. After reading the reviews, I'm still holding out on the Paperwhite. The new features are just too good to pass up and the lighting uneveness everyone is talking about is a non-issue for me since it only affects the portion with stats or ads. I'm irritated about the wait on this new model, but I shouldn't have procrastinated in pre-ordering. On another note, if any other Kindle users feel as I do that Lynn's older books should be available in Kindle format, please use the one-click request on the book's page to send a note to the publisher.
Isolde wrote
... On another note, if any other Kindle users feel as I do that Lynn's older books should be available in Kindle format, please use the one-click request on the book's page to send a note to the publisher.

I have been religously using this one click request for A Dance Through Time and When I fall in Love for some months now....alas no progress so far. :'(
On the US site, they have a Kindle entry for WIFIL but no pricing information. I wonder if this is because of the lawsuit that is currently being settled regarding eBook pricing... Mariad, see if you can access openlibrary.org. I had a friend in Germany try this to no avail since access to eBooks seems to be based on regional agreements with the organization, but maybe you'll luck out and be near an institution contributing to the collection.
Isolde wrote
On the US site, they have a Kindle entry for WIFIL but no pricing information. I wonder if this is because of the lawsuit that is currently being settled regarding eBook pricing... Mariad, see if you can access openlibrary.org. I had a friend in Germany try this to no avail since access to eBooks seems to be based on regional agreements with the organization, but maybe you'll luck out and be near an institution contributing to the collection.

I think you are right about the regional thing. I remember when I was after the Kindle version of AFU, which Amazon UK withdrew for some reason. I found it on the French Amazon site but could not scam my way thru their entry system, as they immediately picked up that I was a UK customer (they advised me to go thru Amazon UK!! -flipping cheek). Sometime after this, Amazon UK reinstated the Kindle version so my problem was resolved.
mariad wrote
I found it on the French Amazon site but could not scam my way thru their entry system, as they immediately picked up that I was a UK customer (they advised me to go thru Amazon UK!! -flipping cheek).

LOL!

Page: « < 1 2 3

Forum for Readers | Lynn Kurland » Main Discussion » AFY Spoilers

An Austin DesignWorks Production